Undercommies Launch #LiberatethePlate !!!!!!
***Inspired by the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense’s “Free Breakfast Program,” this is a free Raffle for 2 people who could use a lil help with groceries via a delicious box of organic fruit & vegetables! Every day of the undercommons! Ya heard???!!!!
Email email@example.com to put your name in, or sign up at the undercommons! Note: Must be in attendance to receive groceries 🙂
Launch event facilitated by Sa Whitley & Shamell Bell
Tuesday, February 9th
- 12:00-1:00pm: Thabisile Griffin, “That Aint Food!: Food Deserts and Eating Healthy While Broke”
- 1:00-2:00pm Studyhall: POC LUCK! bring food to share, meet new homies, dance your ass off…
- 2:00-3:00pm: Teni Adewumi and Alexis Cooke, “The Color of Health: disparities, invisibility and bias”
(AKA Anti-Blackness as a Public Health Crisis)
Wednesday, February 10th
- 12:00pm: Laura Chow Reeve (Asian American Studies), Creative Writing Workshop, “Writing as a Weapon: Imagining a World Without…”
- 1:00-2:00pm Studyhall: OPEN MIC! Political Poetry for the Revolution, MCEED by Bozalta Journal Editors, Rose Simons & Alana de Hinojosa! They will speak briefly on their journal & their upcoming issue dedicated to the Movement for Black Lives!*****Bring you poetry of any style, short short fiction, and creative essays to this open mic session! 4 min max per artist! Writers from Laura’s workshop invited to share new work as well!
- 2:00pm: Catherine Williams, “Self-care when the University Don’t Care: Surviving the Academy while Black, Queer, & Femme”